1. Definitely, most-definitely pre-bolus for breakfast.
2. Definitely, most definitely, pre-bolus for white bread.
3. Try out the expired stuff, unless cloudy (insulin) or generally useless (e.g. Dexcom: Failed Sensor/???/etc.)
4. If you are a woman, you must immediately download the PeriodTracker App and figure out how to “compensate” for like idk the last 10 days of your cycle (case in point: days 21-30 I literally have to bolus like 20-30% more for breakfast and lunch).
5. Keep an old and trusty meter around (in case you ever don’t have insurance [ I don't have insurance ;( ], those test strips will cost waaay less). Mine is the Accuchek Active (and I can find strips on Amazon for like 15 bucks/50 strips [score])
6. Get a dog. Preferably a large one (or three). Like this:
They will DEMAND to be exercised as well as love you unconditionally, therefore improving your mood, along with your BGs :D)