Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Funny thing..

Well sort of.. You know how I wrote/ complained about the insulin resistance and drastic Levemir increases in the last post? I forgot to consider all the variables. After I switched out my Levemir pen and took 11 units for my evening dose, I spent the night eating smarties. So my Levemir went bad on me.. Switched to dosing 9 units twice daily, went  to bed around 100 mg/dl and woke up at 88 mg/dl this morning. Again, thankful for Dexcom for alarming when I was low all of the previous night... Sigh, don't forget to question the integrity of your insulin!! I am kind of relieved though to know it was that and the insulin resistance was not as drastic as I was starting to think :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I can recall having a batch of 8 vials of Humalog and it was no better than water. On vial 4, (two weeks), I called the company and they sent a new batch.

    Insulin works better when it has not been frozen apparently. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete