Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

From high to low

I used to run high all the time in fear of lows passing out/dying. My BG averages used to hover in the 180-190 range, with some 200+s seen during travel/holiday/stress/sick times. About a month and a half ago, following another endo appointment - "uncontrolled, globally high" (albeit with a surprisingly lower A1C than I expected, 7.2) - I decided that if it took having some lows and getting used to them in order to do better overall, that's what I needed to do.

The good news is: My 7-day, 14-day, 30-day averages have all greately improved, and I feel a million times healthier (and dare I say happier). Hard to admit, but consistently high BGs can put a damper on my (or anyone's) mood.



The no-so-great news is:




58. I haven't been in the 50s in years and boy did I feel it. And may have cried a little. Thankfully, this is the only time in my tighter management days that I've been this low. I've seen so many more 70s, and am getting to the point where I'm rather functional in the high 70s range, and feel like total shit over 180.

Well, onwards then.

No comments:

Post a Comment